Friday 1 June 2012

Corley Cycles MK Bowl Race 7 E/1/2/3

Yesterday I did not feel too sore after my crash so I went to race at the bowl.  As I warmed up I was riding with Luke Souter and a squirrel came charging at me from the left.  I stopped pedaling in hope I would not run him over because I didn't want to get covered in squirrel blood!  Luckily he was fine, somehow.  then not long after that I rode over a screw and it got stuck in my tire.  So after quickly changing my back wheel it was time to start.  On the start line I think I was the only one listening because when they said go I was the only one who was ready but not being at the I could not.  Would have been a good place to attack.

As we went on my right side ribs were hurting when I got out of the saddle so I tried not to get out of the saddle.  I started to wonder if I had maybe cracked a rib or something after Wednesdays crash.  but about 30 minutes in and the pain just stopped and I started to feel better and was getting out of the saddle fine.  we where going out of the bottom loop after 20 minutes just to make it harder for us.  The pace was high, the average speed was 26.9 mph and I was glad to see the last 5 laps count down.  With the last lap going I was keep in the bunch well and we flew around the bends and around the last bend and sprint to go up the hill for the last time I was sprinting but my legs were not feeling too good and I could not quite keep up with the bunch but I did pass a few people and rolled in a few bike lengths off the back in about 12th or 13th place.  Not too bad I think I was in pain and sore but very happy with that.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment