Friday 15 June 2012

Corley Cycles MK Bowl Race 9 E/1/2/3

Last night was The bowl again, and I signed for on with that nice lady Sarah Hooper, who wanted a mention in my world famous blog.  And she now owes me 50 quid!!  As we warmed up we were going anti clock wise and out the bottom car park/road bit but on the start line they changed there mind as it had started raining, so we went clockwise around the inner loop.  the first few laps were spent at an easy pace with some joking to see how good the grip was and then on the third lap someone shouted "your racing now!"  and the race did get faster.  As the race went on many people were attacking but no one could get away and every time up the hill the pace was high going up there.  I was feeling good for the first half and then not as strong for the second half but still quite good and I kept in the bunch just trying to stay upright and maybe think about the sprint.  We lapped the 3/4 race 3 times I'm not sure if this was because we were flying or they were going slow or a combination of both, anyway we averaged over 26 mph so it was a fast one!  In the last 5 laps everyone was smashing it to try and stay near the front and it was only on the last lap as we went along the back there was a slight slow in pace and someone attacked and I moved round quite a few people as I just kept the my pace and I was in a good place and as the sprint started I clicked up a gear and just hammered it to the line and passed a few people, and I think I was 7th or 8th!  I'm very happy with that as it was fast and hard in the rain.

Luke Souter Did well in the 3/4 race as he broke away at some point and he was with two other riders and he got 3rd!

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment