Monday 25 June 2012

Hinckley CRC 25

Photo by Mark O'Neill

Yesterday was a 25, part of the Hinckley CRC challenge weekend.  It was a very start the wrong side of 7 am and as we drove there it rain on and off and seemed to be very windy, so it was going to be hard!  After warming I started and there was a strong cross wind from the right and I overtook someone who was on there second lap.  As I went past the finish I tried to take note of where the finish line was.  With a good tale wind I got to the first roundabout  quick and took the first exit on to the A5 and there was a head wind and about three hills and I Pushed harder but still felt tired and I climbed the last hill and then turned left and went past the start and was about half way though and then found myself suffering so I took it a bit easy on the tale wind part to recover and then gave it everything for the rest of the time trial and I got to the finish in a time 01:01:12, Slower than I was hoping but as it turns out was everyone else was a lot slower.  Also my saddle spent a lot of time trying to make sure I'll never have kids, too many long TTs in the last week I think.  But I found my old TT saddle that does not look great but is a lot more bearable so I'm looking forward to trying that out soon.

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment