Saturday 9 June 2012

Bedfordshire Road Club 10

Today was a 10 mile TT, it was windy and rained not long after getting the bikes out!  As I rode out to the start there was a lovely head wind and I had to ride up a hill into a head wind to get to the start line ...Which was nice...  I soon found myself on the start line as I the 3rd rider off and I was ready to go.  As I started the speed shot up quick with a tale wind and being down hill.  I hit 43 mph and then kept pushing at the bottom of the hill and felt like I was flying but I then had to watch the average speed drop from 35 mph.  I got to the first roundabout and it was all clear so I went round quite quick and then could see my minute man up the road and I passed him and started to focus on getting to the turn.

As I got up to the roundabout it was big and all clear so I flung the bike around trying to go as quick as I could but then I had the head wind to fight back to the finish.  I caught the first riders off I felt quite happy that I now I would set the fastest time!  BUT the head wind was slowly pushing my average speed down and it went under my target and I knew I was not going to PB but as the finish line came into sight I gave every thing to set a time of 22:28 and get 15th

Thanks for reading
Results are here


No comments:

Post a Comment