Thursday 14 June 2012

Banbury star 10

Last night was the 10 and I was looking forward to it as I had fitted my power meter and wanted to do some testing.  I covered a lot of what I wanted to try as I rode out to it and warmed up.  So on the start line I reset the power meter and was ready to go.  My starting effort saw me pushing over 1900 watts, very good if you are Chris Hoy or a track sprinter.  Alas I am not, so I had to assume that was a bit wrong.  And as I rode out to the turn some of the power I was putting out would be enough to break national records!  As I got to the first roundabout a car from the right wanted to come straight across and I had to ease off but soon got back to a good pace up the drag after the roundabout.  At the turn I took it easy round as this was where I crashed and as I got round I sprinted up to speed again and started hunting down my first rider to catch.

On the return it felt like a tail wind pushing me along which was good as I pushed to hard starting off and I managed to hang on a catch a few riders on the way back and as I hit the last hill known on strava as 10% hill, I was catching my minute man Simon Kisley and over the top is then kicked up again and that's where I got him and I pushed hard to the line to do a time of 23:39 for 3rd.

As for the power meter it needs to be mounted in a place where the wind will hit the front of it, not behind the aero bars. 

Thanks for reading
Results are here


No comments:

Post a Comment