Saturday 23 June 2012

Hinckley CRC 10

 Today was the Hinckley CRC 10, part of the Hinckley CRC challenge weekend.  It was a nice day, dry with some dark clouds that looked like they were going to spill, plus it was very windy as well.  I had done this course about two years ago and I found out today that this was the same course.  After warming up and getting to the start there was a bit of a wait as I was early but soon I was on the bike sat on the start line.  I started off and soon got on the aero bars and then smiled as the photographer.  I got to the end of the road it was a U turn and back the way I came, but it was the 5th exit (a good place to go wrong...) but it was well marshaled and I luckily didn't go wrong.  Coming back the cross wind didn't help just like on the way out but I kept driving the pace and got to the Fosse way cross road and tried to dig deep as this was only 2 miles roughly from the finish and as I saw the car I started to sprint and hit stop on my garmin as I passed the car.  My time was 23:08 in hard conditions, I'm quite happy with that and am looking forward to the 25 in the morning, my first open 25 this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment