Sunday 17 June 2012

Hemel Hempstead CC 10

I didn't get a photo yesterday so I took this one the morning while on the bike.
I'm thinking white hoods and black bar tape would look good.

Yesterday was a 10 I was looking forward to as people say it was quick, I took the time to have a long warm up as I like spending time on my bike and also I take a long time to get going and warm up.  As I stood on the hard shoulder of a slip road I had got there with enough time to make sure I would not be late and after a short wait I was off!  As I rolled the big gear up to speed I didn't go to hard off the start line and then managed to hit every single bump and hole in the road but I felt like I got up to speed quite fast!  As I got to the first roundabout I turned right to get to the next one to then turn right again and back onto the dual carriageway.

As I got back on it was uphill and I thought a head wind but it was a tail wind!  And then going past the start it got flatter but my average speed was not too high so I was not sure about this course but as I hit the hill the speed was going up and then a gust of wind hit me from the left and I had to jump up onto the bull horns but keeping low I kept control and then at the bottom of the hill kept powering it along in the 53 11 and 12 but then the wind fought back and slowed me down with a head wind but I know it would help coming back the other way.

As I got to the last roundabout it was a U turn and back the way I came, and I was lucky as the was no cars behind me and got round safely and then time to power it back to the finish.  As I was going along I was truly on the limit and as the road curved round the wind came to help me and on a flat road I all of a sudden felt like I went from going fast to having to click up a gear to go even faster!  I sprinted for the line and did a time of 21:00 and Was very happy with that but would have liked to have gone a second quicker...But I'm still very happy with that!


No comments:

Post a Comment