Friday 22 June 2012

Corley Cycles MK Bowl Race 10 E/1/2/3

Last night was dry with some damp patches on the track and we got to go out the car park right from the start!  We did the first lap neutral and the second lap only a litter quicker there was one corner that was dodgy just before the finish it cambers the wrong way and was damp as it was under trees, and not too long into the race the guy in front of me went round and his back wheel slipped, he kept it upright but there was an oh bugger moment as I was right behind him!  As the race went on a break got away and then a 2nd group got up the road I decided as we stopped working together to attack and close the gap.  after just under a lap I got across and then recovered to try and work together but a few laps later the 3rd group on the road (the one I was in) came across to make a bigger group of about 8.  After quite a few laps that included going careful round the damp bend, there was attacking but no one was aloud to get away and as the laps counted down the adrenaline built up and on the last lap the pace went up high and I was about a bike length off someones wheel so going into the last bend I took a chance to get round it quick and I caught the guy in front of me.  Then it was about powering up the drag and keeping it going on the flat.  Anyway I past the guy and I think I was 4th out of the bunch, with 7 riders up the road (I think), works out at 11th so not a bad nights racing again, and some good training.

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment