Thursday 4 August 2011

Banbury star 10


Last night I did the Banbury Star 10 miles time trial on the course that everyone hates ...apart from me. This week there were temporary traffic lights on the course and we could still race if we did not jump the lights or pass waiting cars. After starting I felt good and was soon on the down hill bit and as the road flattened out my speed was still high, but as I got to the temporary traffic lights they were on red but luckily no cars where in front of me and with my plan of getting to the quickly and stopping late to get a little bit more rest time, then after what seemed a long wait they changed to green and me and the other rider Marcus who I was catching got going again. After that I was a bit annoyed about that but I then got back to TT pace and caught another rider and by the time I was at the roundabout to turn round I was catching another rider. On the return I passed him and as I was heading back felt like I was making good time. I got over the small lump in the road and could see the temporary traffic lights again and on red with cars waiting but then they changed! And just as I got about level with them the changed to orange but I got past and with one hill to get over was feeling good. I got up the hill but just as I went to change into the big ring again I dropped my chain much like last time I road this course but after removing the pin between the chainring and crank arm I managed to get the chain back on with out stopping. I then was on the fast bit towards the finish and with one rider left to pass I nearly was the first to finish but I posted the fastest time was winning for a while until Luke Souter came back 21 seconds faster than me. My time was 23:49 faster than I thought and I was only 23 seconds off my PB so not bad for that night.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment