Tuesday 16 August 2011

Ludgershall Summer Series 12


To start with, I would like to say I punctured my front tyre at Milton Keynes bowl on Thursday. And yesterday morning I got my points for the "No Frills" races I did a few weeks ago and am now only one point away from being a 2nd cat. Last night I raced at Ludgershall well when I say raced it was more like just rode round. It started raining as we were on our way to the race and by the time it started it was very wet and still raining, my mum went to the finish line with spare wheels because in every crit I've ever done wheel changing area is by the finish line and at no point did anyone tell us any different. On the start line they said you were aloud a lap out with up to five laps to go, and soon after that we where off. After about 10 mins I got a puncture on the back wheel and managed to get round the track to my mum get a spare wheel jump back in next lap. A lap or two later I was informed by my mother to "not bother" and the next time by I found out I was a lap down so after trying to breakaway no one would let me go and I gave up. I just gave up after that and and by the time it was the sprint and got round the final bend and went to sprint but then pondered what's the point so did not bother. I may have done crap thanks to them but Andy McKay the other Zappi rider got 3rd place.

I would assume there would have been less punctures riding over something like broken glass. I don't think I'll ever race there again, I'll stick to the friendly people at good old Milton Keynes bowl.

Thanks for read

No comments:

Post a Comment