Thursday 25 August 2011


Last night was the Banbury star hill climb and from what I remebered from last year it was painful and hurt a lot! Last year it rained and last night after I got there and got my bike out of the car I didn't have to wait long before there was rain and I was warming up in it, however it soon stopped and I was ready to suffer up the hill. As I was on the start line I pressed start on my garmin and was pushed off as I sprinted I felt good and got most the way up the hill and could not feel a thing and then on the last steep bit it hit me and it hit hard. I changed up a gear and got out of the saddle and tried to just keep the bike moving and I got over the top and still had to do another 10 meters or so to get to the finish line! I got over it and managed to keep the legs turning (my plan being not to be sick at the top) I then stopped on the side of the road and regain composure, I then found out I had done a 1:23 a new PB and junior course record.

Thanks for reading
Photos here
Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment