Friday 19 August 2011

Corley Cycles MKCA summer series race 18


Last night was Milton Keynes Bowl and with the rain it was just the inside loop because it was wet and raining - the best way to race. The race, elites started a lap down and when they lapped us it was one race with two results. Tonight I had a plan to sit in and sprint, and soon after starting I had to tell myself to just sit back and take it easy. After about half an hour the elites were with us and it speeded up quite nicely I managed to keep myself out of trouble and as the laps started counting down I started to feel good. I remembered what I was told and I got near the front and got pushed back a bit but as I went past with one lap to go I was a little boxed in but got out and moved round the outside of the group with half a lap to go and got about 3rd or 4th wheel and as the front rideres started to sprint hard I also sprinted hard too and on the way up the hill I was winning the 3rd/4th cat race and as I got over the line rased my right arm in the air and shouted "YES!" only to see another green number rider (from my race) right by me look round and then I said "dam!". I thought I had won it but I only needed one point and I got that last point to move up to a 2nd cat so it was a good night on the bike.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment