Wednesday 31 August 2011

Bicester Millenium CC 10 mile time trial


With the British Time trial championships on Sunday I've had to change my position on the TT bike to get within the rules, and change my saddle to get it 5cm behind to bottom bracket and I can't use my disk because the cassette I have to use (for restricted top gear) will not fit on my disk's free hub. So without further moaning I would like to write about last nights time trial at Weston on the Green RAF thingy place. After warming up on the bike I was still cold and my plan was to finish and get to the car as quick as possible. After starting off I was not too cold by the first bend and once around it I was on a slightly faster and in top gear (53x16) spinning faster than I would like because on faster bits I like a bigger gear a slower cadence unlike on slower bit where I like a lower gear and higher cadence after about a lap I still had to do 3 more. All the laps seemed the same but after much moving on the saddle trying to get in a right place I found myself on the last lap and with no one around I wondered if I had done to many laps but looking at my garmin if I had done too many laps I would have done an 18 min 10 so it must have been right. I was getting closer and closer to the end and I got out of the saddle to sprint but not sure where the line was so kept sprinting and sat down, I soon got to the car and got my warm jacket on. I liked the time trial, being off the roads made me feel like a pro like Blenheim Palace time trial did. As of now I do not know what time I did or anyone else, but I think by the garmin about 24 mins.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment