Thursday 18 August 2011

Banbury Star 2 up 13

Last night was the 2 up and my partner was Justin Belcher because he's a strong rider and after winning the last two 2 ups we were looking to add to that record. There was a small cock up at the start but soon after that I got us up to speed and soon had an average speed of 25 mph and after a few miles on the front I let Justin do some work to till the next hill and I took over again. We worked well together and because of that we felt like all the time was fast. Once we got to the last road I had a feeling it was going to be a head wind home. It was but as we hit the fast bit Justin got the speed high and soon we were going 34 mph on the flat and the average speed was going up, slowly but still up! As we got to the last down hill bit I pulled over for Justin to fly down the hill and he did as we hit the up hill we got to the first bend and I got on the front again to pace us home and once over the hill I put it in a big gear and pushed hard and we crossed the line in 28:36 a very fast time and we were winning for about a minute until some faster guys came in. Average speed was 26.5 and the time was much faster than what we could do on our own so it was a good night.

Thanks for reading
results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment