Sunday 21 August 2011

Blenheim Palace time trial


Today I did the Blenheim Palace time trial and this year it was dry. Only about 13 miles but with quite a lot of climbing from three small hills on each lap and each hill had to be done 3 times! As I was on the start line I knew I had warmed up well and as the time keeper said go I sprinted away and soon got on the aero bars and quickly got to the first bend, it went right and then left and I got round on the aero bars but then came up to another bend and unsure if I could stay on the aero bars round it I sat up and then some nice down hill before it went up the first hill. The first hill was not to bad it was small and I got over it on the aero bars and once over the top a quick down hill bit that would lead to the hardest climb on the course. The second hill was the longest climb it slowed me down alot but I managed to get over it in the big ring every time. The last hill is a small but bit steep one that you can power up and not lose too much speed. And then flat to the finish line and then only two laps left. I got to the bend I was unsure about and round on the aero bars. After getting round another lap I still felt good and on the last lap went harder down the hills than the last times and getting near the end Rob Yeatman pasted me but did not get too far ahead and once on a flat part I stated to past him and as I got level with him, he just went up the gears and went a bit faster and I could not. Once across the line I did a time of 30:39 (course PB) and got 3rd junior.

I then got to stand on the podium with Rob Yeatman who won it and Edward Clemens who was 2nd.



Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment