Friday 26 August 2011

Corley Cycles MKCA summer series race 19

Last night was the last race in the Corley Cycles series and it was also my Birthday, last night I was using my new mavic shoes and socks for the first time and they where great! The race was round both car park right from the start and the 3/4 race had loads of people in it but soon after starting I thought I was not too far from the front and looked round and found out I was at the back because we had dropped so many people in the first few laps. as the race went on the pace stay high and there was not many points where the race slowed right down and the elites only laps us once. As we got closer and closer to the last few laps I found myself holding a good position near the front and with one lap to go I was about 5th in line and as we hit the bottom of the hill the sprint was on, I managed to sprint for 3rd and then found out someone was on a breakaway so ended up with 4th place. Not too bad and my last 3/4 race, and today my 2nd cat race licence came so this will be my my last 3/4 race for a while.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment