Friday 15 July 2011

corley cycles MKCA summer series race 13


Last night I raced at Milton Keynes bowl and when warming up we found out that the route was different to before instead of going straight though the back we where sent left and around the edge to make it a bit different. Then after that we where sent left thought some gates and straight down to a right hand bend and picked up a route we have done before. We where told on the start line it was half inside and half outside as normal and as we started the pace was not too high bet a bit quick and it got faster and faster I saw the average speed up to 25.5 mph while we where on the inside. After about half an hour of racing they opened up the extra bit and on the first lap of riding it there was a crash, I saw someone riding down the out side and just heard him go down luckily I was not near it so I got away OK. However on the next bend I was following someone who got half way round the bend and then went straight and all I could do was go straight and try and stop before going into the hedge, while this was happening I think heard crash behind me. As I got going again the group split up quite a bit and so I had to get back on and the try and move up. After this there was no more crashes. Thus we get to 5 laps to go and I was still in the group feeling good like I had a good sprint in me and I was holding a good position near the front but with a lap to go I got boxed in as people moved up, so when I hit the bottom of the hill I was quite far back but I started sprinting and held a fast pace up the hill and passed loads of people and I think crossed the line about 7th and with a breakaway of 2 up the road I think I was 9th but will have to wait and see, but another good night racing and slowly chipping away at my 2nd cat licence.

Thanks fore reading

No comments:

Post a Comment