Wednesday 13 July 2011

Banbury star 13


Today was the Banbury star 13 mile time trial and with normal conditions it was going to be good. After I had started I got a few miles up the road (if that) and a cop car stop in the junction on the right and waited and after a car had overtaken me he then pulled out and I ended up about a bike length off his back and if I had done that to him I would have got in trouble for that! Bit annoying but it could have been worst. After getting onto the next road I started seeing quite a few people ahead and one by one I started passing them and by the time I was at the end of that road I was feeling good and got to the last road quickly I felt good like I was going to do a good time. The last road felt quick all the way and once I got to the final hill I though I was going to PB because my average speed was higher than the last time I rode that course but as I climbed it dropped to about the same as last time and as I sprinted for the line I did a time of 29:29 7 seconds off my PB on what I think was a slower night, its looking good for my target events later in the year.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment