Wednesday 27 July 2011

Banbury star 13 incorporating the midlands women series


Today was the Banbury star 13 mile time trial again, however with this one being part of the women's Midlands series it was a bit like riding an open because there was a hall and how organized it was. I started and it took a few minutes to get into time trial pace but once I did I felt like it was a bit slow, although I could see my minute man (my dad) I then spent the next few miles trying to catch him and once I did ended going up the inside. After getting to the next road I felt good and was on target to PB but when going down the next road there was no tail wind so I did not make up as much time as I have done. Jon Simpkins also passed me on the last road and just went flying donw the road and by the time the road started bending a bit I never saw him again! After going down the last hill as fast as I could I then had to get up the last hill and I did and as I sprinted for the line in the saddle Luke Souter came past me just on the line to be one minute ahead of me. My time was 29:38 not my fastest but not too bad for what felt like a hard night.

As for the women series bit well that was won by Banbury stars rider Suzy Patience In a time of 31:44 to break the woman's record ...again and get a shiny medal.

Thanks for reading
Result are here

No comments:

Post a Comment