Thursday 21 July 2011

Banbury star 10


Last night I rode the Banbury star 10 and after Sunday I did a long warm up to make sure I was ready and after starting I felt good and I even made it to the turn in a good time (under 12 mins). I was feeling good and was going well all the way to the last hill then once I got to the top of it I then dropped my chain but not on the inside, as I changed to the big ring the chain went to far over and as I tried to move the front mech over to get it back on, the chain got jammed behind the pin that stops the chain going down between the crank and chain ring. After trying to get it on I had to stop and do it, after getting covered in oil I then had to ride back to the finish but did not push it like I normally would. My time was a 24:29 a lot slower than I would have liked and I do have a idea of how much time I lost but still annoyed about it. Shaun Mullins on his new machine, a Cannondale managed a time of 29:12 ...he asked for me to mention him...

Thanks for reading
results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment