Monday 2 May 2011

H10/181 VTTA 10

Warming up

Today was a 10 mile time trial on the H10/181 course again. After getting up at 5 am I was on the bike warming up at 6:30 the earliest I have been on a bike this year. I had just started off and got up to speed quick and even saw the average up to 29 mph 3 minutes in to the TT. However as I got closer and closer to the turn around point the average speed dropped, but coming over a slight rise I did catch my 2 minute man and that helped me push a little harder. Going around the roundabout on the aero bars and my average speed dropped even more and then I found out it was going to be a head wind back. I was heading towards the finish and my average speed was below my target and no matter what I did I could not get it 0.5 mph faster to get my target average. Coming over the last small drag I was pushing hard and could see number 1 ahead but the finish came up too soon and my average speed was too low so in the end I did a 22:42 but everyone else was slower because it was a harder day so its not too bad.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment