Friday 27 May 2011

Corley cycles MKCA summer series race 6

Last night was Milton keynes bowl and this time it was wet for a change. We did 50 mins plus 5 laps and in that we did 25 mins on the inner loop and then about 15 mins on an extra loop before returning into the inner loop. It was a strong headwind when going down then hill but I think it may have helped somewhere else on the circuit. The pace was not to high after we started and we even kept the elites in sight for a while. However after a while the pace picked up and got faster. It was then time to go out and do the extra loop and a break away was away, and we got round all the bends safely even though one was a bit greasy and we shortly after caught the breakaway. And while we went back to riding on the inner loop another breakaway went and I found myself chasing it with 3 riders behind chasing me and they caught me so then we tried to catch the front 2 but we did not get more than just seeing them. And as we got ready for our sprint someone kicked and I got on his wheel and then thought maybe I could pass him and on the line it was very close to who got 3rd but in the end it turns out I was 4th, I'm still very happy with that.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment