Sunday 15 May 2011

Reading CC Road Race

Today was a 62 mile road race with 2nd cats and it was fast and painful. The race start and took off very fast and as soon as we got to the descent I was behind someone who slowed down too much for a corner and people just came past us so I got past him and went as hard as possible to make up the gap. The first lap we averaged 26 mph and as the race went on the speed stayed high. There was a few near misses but luckily no crashes. The last lap seemed to ease off a bit and in the sprint I saw people who tried but I think their legs must have gave out! There was quite a few people bunched together on the left and I was catching them, I got around them and just went kept sprinting to try and pass as many people as possible and I think in the end I got 22nd but not sure yet.

Average race speed 25.7 mph (Fast!)
Max. race speed 38.4
Calories burnt 3,111

Thanks for reading
Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment