Thursday 26 May 2011

BSCC 25

Last night was the Banbury star 25 mile time trial, my first 25 of the year. And after not feeling good leading up to it I was unsure how I was going to preform. I warmed up and was ready to start and soon as I started I went off and felt not too bad but it was down hill, with a bit of a head wind. I got to the second roundabout and glided around fine and then was unsure if it was going to be fast out to the next roundabouts because it was very up and down but there was a tail wind most the way. After passing the starting point there was a nice hill and I was trying to get as much speed down it as possible and then keep it going at the bottom. I spent the fast part trying to get to the roundabout but once there and coming back it was uphill. and by this point I was just hoping for a down hill bit to make some speed up. A few miles from the end Jon Simpkins passed me and after catching a lot of people I did not mind too much. And going up the last hill I caught my dad and closed the gap on Jon a little bit but then over the top he flew off and made up more time on me. I got to the village at the end I went around a bend and got cramp in my right calf muscle and then just rolled around the last bend and over the line quite a bit slower than I wanted to. My time was 59:12 and was my first sub hour ever so I'm very happy with that time.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment