Wednesday 11 May 2011

Banbury Star Athletes 13


Tonight was the Athletes 13 it was the same course as most weeks apart from the fact most people where on road bikes. And as soon as I got there it was pointed out that my wheels where aero but it was a good job I did not have one of these as well, or else I would have been in trouble! As I started I felt ok but I soon found out that its hard trying to get an aero position on a road bike with out my arms hurting, maybe because there as thin as pipe cleaners. I was Lucky to catch 3 riders and no one came past me. Down the last road I was finding it hard to stay aero because my arms kept hurting but I was soon getting to the last hill and going down there was slower than normal but I still hit 41.3 mph. Going up the last hill felt not too bad but I then had to push hard for the finish and that also hurt. I got to the finish in a time of 31:38 just over 2 mins slower than my PB but not too bad for a road bike, Martin Hall also did a good ride and did a PB getting into the 35 mins. Also I don't think the heart rate monitor was working tonight because the garmin said average heart rate was 219 BPM and in the 230s for most of it ...Not sure that's right some how.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment