Saturday 7 May 2011

Mk bowl - North Bucks Circuit race


Today I raced at Milton Keynes bowl again and after finding out about this race last night I thought it would be a good idea to do it. The website said a 12:00 start, so we got there just over an hour early and found out that the race was at 1:30 so we had to wait around for 2 and a half hours. However the race was good, it was the standard hour plus 5 laps on the inside and as soon as we started we had attacks. I kept trying to get away and jump on to breakaways going but nothing stayed away. I even when away for about a lap and a half caught and passed the guy in the lead but then someone jumped across to my wheel and would not help me so that breakaway failed or else I would have kept going. I did try getting away a few times but the bunch did not want to let anyone go. After sitting in the bunch and getting nearer towards the end I was starting to recover from attacking and was getting ready for the sprint. When sprinting for the line I was keeping myself on a wheel and just went as hard as I could and in my top gear (52x14) I was strating to spin a bit more than I would have liked but managed to get a top 10 placing not sure yet.

Thanks for reading
Will post results soon when I find them


No comments:

Post a Comment