Wednesday 18 May 2011

BSCC 13

Sunglasses that match the bike

Tonight was the Banbury Star 13 again, it was hard every where except the last road. As soon as I started it felt a bit like a cross head wind and that was hard but then the next road was a head wind and that was even harder! The second road also had some gravel on it near the end. As I went down a small hill and the road started going up again there was the gravel and it all felt lose so I sat up and got over that bit safely and around the bend at the top of the hill very carefully and still felt the wheels slip a bit. Looking back it was a bit like stage five of the giro this year when they went over the "Strade Bianche". The next road still felt hard but after catching a rider near the end I was glad to see the last road because I knew it was going to be fast. Going down the last road about 6 miles long and I did it in 12 minutes and 12 seconds (avg. 29 mph) and it did feel fast all the way down there and on the last descent I hit a top speed of 46.1 mph and finished in a time of 29:37 (2nd) 1 second off my PB and 38 seconds off the winner Luke Souter Who is just too fast.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment