Wednesday 4 May 2011

Banbury Star 10

Warm enough for arm-warmers but not gloves...

Tonight was the Banbury Star CC 10 mile time trial on that course that everyone hates ...although I do like that course. It felt like a fast night when warming up but once I started and got going it felt like I got to the turn around point very fast even with that bit being the slower part of the course. After taking the roundabout quickly I looked down to see the average speed and was surprised! On the way back I was just going over the small hill in the middle and was starting to get a lot of sticky saliva in my mouth so I turned my head side ways and tried to spit it out but it did not go very far (all down my face) and so I tried to wipe it off but ended up just getting it all up my arm-warmer, not good. Any way I then hit the last hill a nice 10% climb and over that in the saddle and then a bit of a dip and then more uphill. After dragging myself over this last hill it was all flat/slightly down hill towards the finish and at the point I was pushing as hard as possible towards the finish. I did a time of 23:23 a PB and 2nd fastest.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment