Wednesday 4 July 2012

BSCC 25

Today was the Banbury star 25 and it seemed like it was going to be a fast night due to the head wind start - tail wind middle - head wind finish.  And as I started off I got into TT mode and started to bring the average speed up and just got it up to 27 mph and a big Line painter was stopped on the side of the road and a car had just over taken me.  I checked it was clear behind and moved out to get a good look, there was a few cars coming and the car in front of me stopped and I had to slow right down.  Once I got going again the average speed dropped below 26 mph and I had to get going again.  But then at the first roundabout a car was coming round and I had to slow down again.  I got to the next roundabout and got round fine and the had to focus.  I got to the big down hill just past the start and did 50 mph down there as normal and then on with the job.

As I got to Gaydon there was temporary traffic lights and I thought, bugger I'm going to get caught here.  But luckily I did not and I got though ok and dug deep and finally got to the turn around.  on the way back was a case of holding on and get giving everything and as it was raining I took it very easy on the roundabouts and had luck on my side at the temporary traffic lights and got though ok.  I hit the last hill and decided not to big ring it and managed to drag myself over it and then gave it every thing to get to the line.  As I got closer to the line I took it very easy round the bends, and sprinted as hard as I could to the line.  My time was 59:37 not as fast as I would have hoped but not too bad on the night as it rained a few times.

Thanks for reading
Results are here


No comments:

Post a Comment