Saturday 28 July 2012

Back at the bowl!

After a few weeks of no MK bowl I was back and with two days racing in my legs wanted to see how my legs could do.  After the race started it took longer for my legs to get going but I kept in the bunch and after following wheels I found myself out on a breakaway with about 4 other riders, we worked well together doing though and off and we were going well.  However when they opened the extra loop the main bunch could look across and see us, as we looked across to see them and they then chased hard.  After being brought back I still felt quite good and soon went on another break but it did not last for long.  I kept in and wanted to get away as I felt good but no one would let any breaks go until the last few laps.  A group got away and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was in a group that was a bit far down to get in the points.  I got 19th but had fun and felt good, I even found out when I got home that I got KOM at the bowl on Strava!!

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment