Saturday 7 July 2012

Oakley Village Road Race

Today was the Oakley Village road race and, it was wet in some places but mostly dry on every where else to make it interesting.  The race started in a side road and then we moved out to the finish line and stopped there so we could then start.  The race started off fast with many attacks and riders trying to get away but no one could get away, I even tried to get away and TT off the front for a while but someone joined me and the bunch was then not too far off and I thought it was best to sit back in and try and recover but the pace was then high and hard to recover but I kept in and then started to feel fine again.  As we had two laps to go and there was a crash ahead of me and I saw and I saw a guy on the floor I thought I was going to hit him and go down.  Luckily as I braked and un-clipped my foot I saw a gap and got though, but as I braked someone hit me in the backside.  I got though the gap and then had to close the gap and get back to the main bunch.  The last lap was fast and everyone wanted to be at the front and I was trying to stay there as well and there was a lot of touching and knocking going on.  There was not much space and I hit a few peoples bars and legs as did others.  But I was in a good place and feeling good, but as we started to wind up I started to cramp up in my right leg and went from being in a good place to go for the sprint too quite far down.  I'm quite disappointed with that as I felt I could have done something

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment