Friday 6 July 2012

Corley Cycles MK Bowl Race 12 E/1/2/3

Last night at the bowl it was out the bottom right from the start.  But as we lined up on the normal start line we got told it would start down the bottom of the hill.  So all of us in the elite race went down there the 3/4 race stayed where they where and did come down ...I don't think they where listening...  The race started off fast and got faster!  Every time we hit the hill it was a case of trying to give everything to keep with everyone else, we dropped quite a few people though out the race, I think it was the pace up the hill and round the Bends.  I think about halfway though we caught the 3/4s and it took us a lap to get past as they suddenly sped up and mad it harder for us to come by.  But they got shouted at to hang back once we mostly got past them and then we rode off.  As we started to get the 5 laps to go I was feeling tired and was glad there was only a few more laps left.  There was attacks but nothing that would stick and as we got to the last lap we went out the back round a few bends and on the straight someone attacked and a rabbit ran out from the right straight across the track between the attacking riders and what was left of the main bunch.  And as we hit the hill I gave it every thing to get to the line, I past a few people and I think I was 10th!  A good result as I was suffering most of the race.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment