Wednesday 25 July 2012

Mallory Park Tuesday League 1

Yesterday me and Justin went to Mallory park together and it was nice and sunny for my second time very at Mallory.  There was a big line of people wanting to sign on so we knew it would be a good night racing.  As Justin and I went to warm up he found the new cleat he fitted would not go into his pedal, he handed his number in and went for a ride and it clipped in so had to go get his number back and just in time to start!  On the start line the said 2nd cats go to the back, as it turns out we had a min handicap and someone on the line told us what normally happens and we started and did though and off for about 20 mins to catch the 3/4s and then when we did we eased off and had a rest.  As the race went on I got out in a break for about a lap but it soon got caught and then my goal was to go for the sprint, and as the laps counted down we had the bell to tell us it was one lap to go and  I was in a good place but got a bit boxed in in the last maybe half a mile and then we hit the hill.  It was a flat out sprint and I managed to get out and sprint hard but was a bit too far down to get in the points.  I enjoyed the race anyway but the hot days are nice but I'm not used to it!  ...Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment