Saturday 14 July 2012

Leisure Lakes Circuit Series 2


Most of this week I had been ill and not been on the bike much, and watched alot of How I Met Your Mother and Tour De France.  As I was feeling almost fine yesterday I went out for a short ride in the morning to try out my new chain ring and found it helped with my knee pain.  I warmed up quite well and then did a few laps round the track and then we were on the start line and as we started it was up hill and hard to get clipped in but I luckily got my foot in first time and just had to watch everyone else and the first time down the hill me and a few others near the front got a gap that did open after the first lap but it soo got together and someone went on the attack.  the first 20 minutes were very hard as the pace was around 24 mph and we were hitting the hill very quick and its steep with a little dip in the middle just to make it harder.  After many laps we got to 5 laps to go and, I did not know this until I looked and saw the 3 lap to go sign and started to feel good and with the one lap to go it started to get aggressive as we went down the hill trying to stay near the front of the group, so I just sat in hoping I could give everything for the final sprint.  And as we got round the last bends and hit the hill it was time to sprint as hard as possible for the line and as the group flew up the hill I gave every thing as I pushed round that big gear and I got 7th and I was surprised as at that and very happy!

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment