Tuesday 24 July 2012

Midland 10 champs

Sunday was the midland 10 champs and I didn't feel great on the day.  I warmed up for quite a while in the sun and was soon time to race.  I started off and the first 3 miles where into a very strong head wind as well as the road being rolling, and by the time I got to the first roundabout to turn left I had an average speed of 22.7 mph so I knew I had to push hard after that to try and get my average speed up.  The road was a quick one even with a cross wind and I was slowly getting to my target average speed, and then it was another left turn at the next roundabout.  The dual carriage way to the finish was quick and I managed to keep the pace high to cross the line in a time of 22:40 A bit slower than I would like but I think I was having a bit of an off day and will have to hope for better next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment