Friday 3 August 2012

Abbeygate Developments/Corley Cycles MK Bowl Races 16

Looking at the photo above you would think is was Paris Roubaix (one of my favorite pro races) but it was Milton Keynes bowl again.  I forgot to take my Garmin with me and the camera so no pics from tonight.  The track was covered in mud and it had been raining throughout the day but warming up it seemed ok for grip.  The race started off and everyone took it easy for the first few laps just to see what the grip was like and then attacks started to fire off the front and I went with a few and managed to get away with a few overs but it was a short lived break and pulled back soon.  at one point as I was trying to sit in and recover the group started to split and the front group was getting away so as some one attacked of the right I attacked on the left and we each soloed to the front split and it took about a lap and I looked round to see that the last group was going backwards and felt glad I went when I did.  We did though and off but as we got to the last few laps it went a bit cat and mouse but we caught the front break within the last 5 laps and as we for the sprint I felt good and was ready and as we hit the hill for the last time the sprint began and I was on the outside and I could see Jake Hales he was a bike length ahead of me and his back wheel just hit the puddle on the left and I saw it sling round like he was going to go down but luckily he held it and I managed to cross the line in 9th place.  I was happy with that and I'm now on 62 BC points so it's looking good.

Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment