Sunday 10 April 2011

Warwickshire RC 28 mile time trial

Just Starting

I was on the start line ready to go and as I went off I sprinted away ready for the 28 miles of pain ahead. I just got up to speed and then had to sit up to go around the first bend, and once around it was a nice down hill bit. This road was very fast because it was mostly down hill with a few up hills. However the next road was mostly up hill. Once at the end I turn left to a lot of hills but once past the line I had one more lap to do and that meant the fun fast bit again. By the end of the fast bit I had overtaken three riders and was about to head up the hard road. I had caught a rider and the James Wall came past me (6 mins off after me and won the event) and as I hit the hill I put it on the small chain ring for the first time and started inching towards him but once over the hill he powered away and I never saw him again! I had turn off on the last road towards the finish and was going up the last steep hill and just catching a rider so I set myself the goal of staying on the aero bars and in the big ring. Coming up to the finishing line I was starting to get quite a bit of pain in my legs but I was catching a rider and once over the line I was glad I had done a good time of 01:08:32 first junior and 6th overall. This was a very well marshalled event and very well organised. Although once we got home I found out I had a puncture in my rear tub.



Just after the first lap
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment