Wednesday 6 April 2011

Banbury star 2 up time trial

Me and my 2 up partner Justin

Today was the Banbury Star CC first club time trial of the year a 2 up and after having a good warm up I was on the start line behind Justin waiting to go. We got off to a very fast start after Justin pulled his foot out of his pedal. We where going fast and sharing the work well up the first road. On to the second road and a rider was in sight but I had to ease off a bit for Justin but we still kept a good pace together. We where soon on the last road and on the right day can be very fast today however was not because it was a cross wind all the way. We where into the last village and caught a car that we overtook and never saw again. On the last down hill before going up hill we hit 46.1 mph according to my garmin and up the last hill I kept the pace steady and Justin held my wheel and over the top of the hill towards the finish I may have pulled out a bit of a gap but we got to the line in 29:44 to be the fastest.

Thanks for reading, results are here

3 comments:

  1. Well done tonight Cam. I feel guilty for holding you up, reckon you would have been quicker without me. Still, we did win it ... and only one TT bike between us - so it can't have been all that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think we helped each other out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about overtaking the car, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete