Friday 15 April 2011

MK bowl With a crash




Last night I raced at Milton Keynes bowl and it was half on the inner loop and half on an extra bit. I keep up OK and once we started going around the outer loop the group got a bit strung out going around the bends. The race was fun, the speed we where taking some of the bend entering the bowl was great because it swung right with a hard left then a hard right and hard left, this was fun and when everyone is in a its line safe. After laps at the same sort of pace we caught the break away and we where getting ready for the sprint finish. As we where going up the hill we where flying and coming over the line I got 7th place. However someone fell off and hit my back wheel and sent me heading for a pile of spare wheels on the side, I then did what I think is the biggest bunny hop I have ever done but landed and rolled my tub off the wheel and just soft of slid along the ground a bit until I stopped (the garmin say 29.7 mph to 0 in 13 seconds ...without using the breaks). I now have some road rash on my left knee, left of my backside and left shoulder with a couple of bruises. The Bike is all OK just a few marks on my left brake leaver but I have a very big crack in my carbon front wheel and big hole in the tub.

But at least I got 7th place and 3 points and I'm happy with that even if sleeping was a bit hard last night. Not sure if I will be able to race tomorrow in a 14 mile TT I was planing on doing but I will have to see.

My knee after the crash
Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment