Saturday 16 April 2011

I can't walk but I can cycle...

Sorry no picture today

Today was the Wyre Forest CRC SPCO time trial and first off my leg was still hurting and quite hard to bend after Thursdays crash but I got on the turbo trainer and the first minute was spent trying to get my leg to bend. I then spent some time just trying to get it moving and once I had been on it for a while my knee was not to bad. I was on the start in a low gear so I could stay in the saddle and just roll away. This plan of staying in the saddle worked until it got to the first hill and I felt I was going too slow so I got out of the saddle to try and speed up and my knee was fine, no pain, nothing. I then spent the rest of the race in my time trial pace and feeling not to bad. I had just caught a rider and turned off the road heading to the finish and was just getting to the bottom of the last hill, I sprinted up it flat out to get a time of 34: something and 8th place and first junior. Although afterwards my knee went back to being stiff and painful very quickly.

Thanks for reading
Results coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment