Sunday 3 April 2011

Thames Velo Road race


Today was the Thames Velo Road Race, 43 miles long and fast. The average speed was 24.7 mph and I managed to hold a position up near the front of the bunch for the race, the race started and was quick I was near the front on the start line and after the rolling start still up there. We went down the hill and got up to speed quickly and everyone stayed together and finally we got to the hill and going up it was not to bad but coming down the other side was very fast. After a some time it was the last lap witch was also a prime. On the last lap my team mate Henry Latimer went for a solo break away, I meanwhile stayed in the bunch and as we went down the last hill I heard a lot of bike going down and looked around and saw people going down, soon after this everyone eased up a bit and heading for the finish Henry still on his break away was in sight and in the last 500 meters got caught and passed. I was getting ready for the sprint on the left hand side of the road and just over the hill and I got myself into 4th place but my sprint started too early and I got passed by a lot of riders. I'm not too sure but I think I was in the top 20, Matt Derrick another team mate got 5th place.

Thanks for reading, results will be posted when I find them.


No comments:

Post a Comment