Friday 18 May 2012

Corley Cycles MK Bowl Race 5 E/1/2/3

Last night was another race at the bowl and now I only have to get 5 more points to keep my 2nd cat licence I was hoping to chip away at it last night but it wasn't to be.  As we started we had done half a lap and a bit of attacking was going on and I looked around and we had a small gap over the bunch and as someone went I was straight on to the wheel and we had made a good move a few of us working together and we caught up to Will Fox who is one of the Zappi pros and we lapped the 3rd/4th cats very quick with a gap of around 30 seconds.  But more riders kept coming across and the group was up to 12 (with 2 or 3 pros) and the pace went from steady working together to attacking, with someone getting dropped and on the 46th minute someone put in a big effort on the climb and there was a small gap between me and the break so I spent two laps trying to time trial on to the back of the group telling myself I could get a rest if I did but with my legs screaming at me and my torso hurting in every possible way I caught up with someone on a bend who didn't know I was there and I shouted I was on the right and he did move over but I could not get round the bends as quick and I saw the break had pull out a bigger gap on me and I knew it would be over so I sat up, maybe if I had kept time trialing I could have held off the next group but it was a big task and I just could not do it.  As I got into the next group Flavio was asking if I was in the break and who was in there as I was trying to rest but the pace was too fast and I gave up and did the last 5 laps at my own pace as a bit warm down on my own, I didn't just want to quit and not finish.  Now I'm looking at ways to get stronger on the bike maybe train harder or maybe get another tattoo as after I got my first I started to get some good form ...I'll have to try both.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment