Friday 11 May 2012

Corley Cycles MK Bowl Race 3 E/1/2/3

So, I got all the Belgium toothpaste out of my eyes and ears from Mondays race and I even washed my bike after my morning ride because it was a bit dirty Just so I could get to the bowl and see it was wet.  I had a short warm up and soon found myself on the start line ready for another race and as we set off there was attacks flying off the front and a few people got away for a while I even went but only stayed out for a lap then sat in to recover with what was left of the main bunch that was a little on the small side.  As the race went on I got grit in my eye and spent about two laps rubbing my eye trying to get it out and then all of a sudden it was fine and I could see again!  As the race went on, we did not have much left and the count down for the last 5 laps was a welcome sight.  And the laps counted down the bell for the last lap rang and I kept on the wheel knowing the sprint was going to be fast and as we came round we hit the hill and the pace went up and I sprinted as hard as always, and kept driving but had to sit down before the line and as I did I looked down at my garmin to see 32 mph over the line!  I crossed the line 5th out of our bunch and with 8 riders up the road in a break I got 13th place and 3 more point.  Every little helps.

So far racing at the bowl I've got 15th the first week, 14th the second and last night 13th.  I'm not saying anything but maybe watch out in about fourteen weeks...

Thanks for reading
Results are here


No comments:

Post a Comment