Thursday 10 May 2012

BSCC Athletes 13

I forgot to do this blog post last night so I'm doing it now while I watch an episode of my new favorite documentary, Ancient Aliens.  I turned up with my new and ONLY wheelset (it's a long story why I only have one wheelset for my road bike now, good one too).  So after getting the P taken out of me for using very aero wheels I warmed up and then was ready to start.  As I sprinted off I soon found it was a tale wind up the first road so I knew it was going to be a little on the slow side because the next two roads would be slow going (head wind) with the last road to the finish having a cross wind!  So I got going and caught Shaun Mullins and as I turn into the second road it was slower but not quite a head wind and the two climbs felt quicker being on a road bike but the flat was slower.  The next road was like someone had put my brakes on for me but trying to keep aero and keep pushing and I caught someone who was not in the race and could see some one ahead.  The last road to the finish was where its normally fun but with that cross wind it was slow going and I had to keep an eye on my front wheel because of its depth, it was mostly fine as long as I kept an eye on where the wind might gust from and I sprinted up the last hill and crossed the line in 32 minutes dead.  22 seconds slower than last year but last year it was warmer, dryer and the wind was a lot kinder, so it was not too bad and as far as I know that was the fastest time (out of everyone) that night!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment