Wednesday 16 May 2012

The big showdown!

Tonight it was the big showdown!  Between my new deep 88mm wheel and my old tri spoke.  I've ridden the 13 course many times and tonight I wanted to try out my new wheel to see how it compared.  I had a good warm up and was soon sprinting off the start line and had my minute man in my sight and worked my way up to him and passed him and was catching another as the road kicked up hill.  It felt like I was going quicker on the slower part of the course but once I got to the last road even with a tale wind I didn't feel super quick and the average speed did not go up as fast as I would like it to but once I got to the last descent it did get up to 26 mph but climbing as hard as I could up the last hill and keeping it going over the top it still dropped to just below so I had a time of 29:26.  Again, but not too bad and I'm hoping once the weather starts getting warmer a quicker time will be done ...I hope.  As for the front wheel I liked it and in a cross wind it was very stable but it was not as fast as my tri spoke, I need to do a bit more testing but the tri spoke is faster and looks better.  And at the end of the day looking good is what its all about!

Thanks for reading
Results here


No comments:

Post a Comment