Saturday 28 April 2012

New 10 PB

Today I rode the H10/181 course and wet roads with very strong wind.  As I rode to the start I had my Hed tri spoke in and the cross wind made it a bit unsteady but then after a mile it was fine.  After a long wait for the start I was held upright and had a plan, I would not sprint too hard on the down hill start but just roll up to speed.  This plan did seem to work as when I got onto a flatter part I was more ready to start pushing hard.  I got out to the roundabout thinking with the wind helping on the way out it would slow me down on the way back, but no.  The wind was more of a cross wind, a strong cross wind, but it did not feel like it slowed me down too much.  I had too keep looking ahead because the tri spoke was playing up as the wind hit it, But I managed to get to the finish in a 22:10 2 second off my PB on the same course but on a much nicer day.

My dad also rode to do a 23:17 (a new PB for him) Suzy Patience, Dave Mobbs and Moria Goodway All rode from Banbury star to do some quick times.  And lastly Jon Simpkins did a 20:10 to get joint 1st but he did get a puncture right before the end that slowed him down!

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment