Friday 27 April 2012

Abbeygate Developments/Corley Cycles MK Bowl Races 2

I found out after last week I got a point as the points now go down to 15th place at the bowl.  After a easy recovery ride in the morning and then it raining all day I was expecting it to be wet and grim again but once I got to Milton Keynes it was nice a bit cold and windy but nice.  After a good warm up we were on the start line ready to go and and soon as it started there was an attack and I got on the back of it but it did not last long as the bunch brought it back very soon.  With the first two laps being attack after attack the average speed was up to 28 mph.  As we caught the 3/4 race we went past ok but then soon after 2 3/4s on a breakaway came past and then did the rest of there bunch and got in the way.  One rider came up on the left hand side and said excuse me and as I moved over he said thanks.  This was letting the breakaway get further up the road and this went on for two laps and then people started to push though and I manged to get past with a few other but I think some people were still behind the chippers at this point.  The gates opened up and we started going round the extra bit of the course and loads of riders where getting kicked out the back door.  My plan was to stick with the main bunch as the flew round the bends and after a few laps like this the group got smaller and I was enjoying going round those bend as fast as I could.  As we went past the line the bell was ringing for one lap to go and five riders from our group started to pull away and as the person on the front pulled off the rider on his week who was in front of me kicked hard and got a gap and I could not go.  Then I dropped the only guy left with me as I sprinted for the line.  I think I may have been top 15 but don't know so I will be waiting for the results to be posted on the interwebs.

Thanks for reading




No comments:

Post a Comment