Sunday 15 April 2012

Wyre Forest CRC 28 mile SPOCO

Yesterday was the Wyre Forest 28 mile time trial and after a bit of a panic to adjust my cleats on my shoes I was ready and before I knew it I was lining up to start. The start had moved back a bit to the top of the hill and the finish had move back to half way up the hill just to make it a bit harder! As I started I had to turn left onto a long road that should have been quick but the wind made it very slow and I thought maybe I had a puncture slowing me down but once I could see my minute man and caught him soon after. At the end of the road I had to slow right down for a car coming but once I got round the bend the road felt a lot faster and I felt like I was fly getting into the 53 11 on a few down hill and passing two more riders and got to the next junction to turn left and go along the road that should have been slow but after catching another person I felt good and I got to the climb and could see someone up the road and after dropping it into the small chainring I kept it going well and could see it was my dad who I was catching (who was also 3 mins ahead) so I kept going hard and as I got closer to him he was about to catch someone a just as I came past him going over the line. I had one more lap to do and was in front as I had caught every off in front of me so I had to just keep going with the same pacing plan as before and as I got to the last few hills I had to dig deep and keep it going then going towards the finish I kept pushing as hard as I could and hit the hill and just sprinted as hard as I could for the line and crossed it in 01:10:12 and I think that was for 7th place but not sure. A good day on the bike but hard!


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment