Wednesday 4 April 2012

Banbury star 2up time trial

Tonight on a nice cold, windy and damp evening it was the 2up time trial, and I took pitty on my dad and did it with him. As for starting off I think we cocked that up a bit with him sprinting off as I was trying to get clipped in, but after getting my foot in I sprinted upto his back wheel, had a short rest and told him to move over! Going up the first road, the road went to the left and with a driving cross wind from the right I got pushed over quite quick and nearly hit the curb but I soon moved out and started to push the pace. After droping the old man a few times and leting him get on my wheel we started to get better and he did not get drop too much. As we got to the last road heading towards the finish I kept going as hard as I could but wondered if I was not going fast enough because I was not droping my partner. was we got closer and closer to the finish we went round a bend in the road and the cross wind turned into a head wind and it was abit like riding up a hill alot of speed was lost but I kept pushing as I could see people ahead. On the last descent I started catching up a car that was following two people in the time trial and I decided to overtake it as I was still carrying alot of speed from the descent I got round that fine and kept pushing as the finish was not too far away and the old man kept up and as we drove for the line we did a time or 30:32 to win!

Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment