Wednesday 18 April 2012

Banbury star 13

Today was another Banbury star club 13 mile time trial, and it had been raining thoughtout the day and I thought about using my Ribble with its mudguards but the fact I've worn out the rear mech and its sitting on the kitchen table meant I could not use that bike! So I signed on and used my TT bike and after a good warm up I was soon off and quickly got into TT pace and not long after that the rain started. I could see my minute man Dave Anson who I caught and then soon caught another but my visor kept misting up in the rain, but it stopped after a while. After a lot of suffering on the slower part of the course I got to the last road and that is the fast part and I had to push hard to get the pace up but after a few miles of this down hill part I was happy that the average speed was on the increase and just had to get down the last hill safely and sprint up the last climb and get to the finish. After sprinting up the hill I kept the pace going as I drove for the line to do a time of 29:26. 8 seconds slower than last week but in bad weather.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment